Those who would like to get married in the Catholic Church should follow the instructions below:
- The couple who want to get married in a Catholic Church should go to the parish priest of the church they have been baptized to inform him that they are getting married abroad.
- They should get from the church where they have been baptized a copy of their baptism record stating that they are free to marry.
- The parish priest of one of the couple (groom or bride) should conduct a pre-nuptial enquiry with them.
- In the case of mixed religion (Catholic and other Christian denomination), the couple should get special dispensation from the regional bishop of the Catholic partner.
- In the case of widower/widow, he/she should present a death certificate of the previous partner.
- The parish priest preparing the pre-nuptial enquiry must forward all these documents to the Regional Bishop.
- The Regional Bishop will then send the papers to Cyprus to this address:
FOR THE ATTENTION OF:
FATHER EVENCIO HERRERA OFM
THE VICAR GENERAL
HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
P. O. BOX 21964
- These are only the necessary papers that must be sent to the parish priest and be kept in the parish record of marriages.
Before coming to Cyprus, the couple should call the priest of the church where they will get married if he already received the papers required of them. After arriving in Cyprus the couple should contact the priest and make an appointment with him to discuss details of the wedding.
If the couple has other questions, they should contact parish priest before their wedding.
Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
P0. Box 40037 6300
Tel 00357 (24) 642858 Fax 00357 (24) 636953